Thursday, April 29, 2010

M&Ms!

It is weird if you think how listening to a few minutes of audible sounds can be such major part of our everyday lives. I’m not talking about the constant scolding a parent bestow on its child almost everyday for no matter what reason it might be. Nor am I talking about the constant car honks and fights you get to hear often (very often) when one belongs to city like MUMBAI or any major city all around the world. What I think is weird is how a dynamic mixture of simple things like melody, rhythm and harmony can elevate our moods and reduce stress and pain (often emotional) levels. Belonging to a city which yells ‘dream BIG, achieve BIGGER’, MUSIC can often prove to be a good driving force.

Talking about Mumbai and music I did edit the lyrics of a song sung by RAP MOGUL ‘JAY Z and ALICIA KEYS – Empire State of mind’ which was actually based on the BIG APPLE. Its unbelievable how much NY and MUMBAI are similar to each other when it comes to dreams and aspirations. A simple swap of words in the lyrics of this song based on the Best City in US of A made it apt for the Best City in India. Here’s how it goes: -

Grew up in a town
That is famous as the place of movie scenes
Noise is always loud
there are sirens all around and the streets are mean….

If i can make it here
I can make it anywhere, that’s what they say
seeing my face in lights
even if it ain't all it seems
i got a pocketful of dreams
Baby im from MUMBAi

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
there's nothin you cant do
now you're in MUMBAI

These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Give it up for MUMBAI MUMBAI MUMBAI :D



MUSIC and MUMBAI have and will always be a big part of my life! And I owe a lot to these two ‘M’s to show me what life is and what it can be! Other than these two, the other M in my life would be my MOM and my elder sis MEETA! I know I would be not even close to portray my thoughts in front of you if it wasn’t for them. I owe my entire life to them! I hope I never let you down miladies.

A note of Appreciation to all those who have commented and critiqued the pervious posts. If it wasn’t for these comments I wouldn’t be writing more! So keep reading and commenting!

Oh yea i luv M&Ms too ;)

5 comments: