Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!!!

The last week has been arguably the laziest for a very long time! With college done and the results out(Scored 355/500 :D) as well I still have about another boring month to kill. I often act on impulses and i had one this past week to start reading a random book!I, out of this impulse, just went and picked up a book and started reading it. The book titled ‘the last lecture’ is a must read and I tell that by just reading some 20 odd pages of it! While reading it, I couldn’t agree more to a particular chapter –‘The Parent Lottery’. I, like the author Randy Pausch was born with a winning ticket! Yes I Have won the PARENT lottery! Having a parent which lets you follow your dreams and supports you at every step of the way is why I say I am a born Lottery winner!!

‘Mother’ - these six letters hold an important position in our lives and it’s the purest bond of a relationship one has!

Considering it is mother’s day today, me and my sister bought my mom a gift for the Occasion. The gift – A Coffee mug with a message written all over it! I literally mean all over it! Both inside and outside! Selecting the mug wasn’t much of a task though. I guess you all will agree to that when you read what was written on it. It goes like: ‘MY MOM – AWOMAN TO BE PROUD OF…. You’re there when I need you, you forget all your worries. You are my refuge and rock, with you I feel secure. Maybe I should tell you more often how much I appreciate you, but you’re the one I love, a bit more everyday. You bring warmth and joy to my life!’ - 'nuf said : )

So yesterday me and my MOTHER and sis were sitting in our balcony (from where u get the BEST of views of the Skyline of Mumbai :D ) and talking about stuff in general. The discussions we have are often very interesting and I love it! Being jobless for quite some time has made me and my family quite impatient. During this discussion she ended up discussing how much time I end up wasting on FB. But I quickly answered back telling her about my new venture on FB as an ADMIN for a group related to Aviation Studies. Saying that beguiled her from the main discussion of me wasting time on FB! She quickly logged in and asked me to show me how FB works so she can keep a tab on all my posts on it! Yup my mom is on FB :D! The discussion ended after I finished taking notes from MOM about the IDEAL wife I should look for! And at the end of it we realized it was past dinner time and we ended up ordering in. Just as the discussion finished, me and my sis surprised her with the Gift! To see joy and happiness on the face of the most important person in your life is quite the thing we all crave for and thus I pledge again this mother’s day that I will never let my favourite woman in the world down!

I would like to end with a note to all the mothers who have raised and who are raising their kids right now in the best way possible. Enjoy Mother’s Day because you deserve it! God Bless, Live life and show love!

“I can trust my loving Savior
When I fear the world’s alarms;
There’s no safer place of resting
Than Her everlasting arms”

<3 MOM! - this ones for you :)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely!! U getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PIGGERY PORK said :
    Kiddo! This gave me goosebumps.. And brung me to the brink of tears- beautifully written.
    Also, not only have you won the parent-lottery, sadhana aunty has won the son-lottery having you! :)

    ReplyDelete